You might be aware of the fact that every year an innovation enters our kitchen. The advancements of technologies have given us some interesting kitchen appliances. Such an interesting innovation is the Air Fryer. In recent years, the hype of the air fryers is on the top. The fact that air fryer fries the food without having the need for using a lot of cooking oil seems unrealistic. But, it is, in fact, true. An air fryer is a miraculous kitchen appliance that lets you have your favorite fried meals but without frying them in unhealthy oils. According to us, air fryer is one of the best kitchen innovations in the past decades. There is no such appliance like the air fryer, which allows people to eat fried food in a healthier way.
On the other hand, there is a Pressure Cooker which has been in our kitchens for a while. Only the person who cooks food understands the importance of pressure cooker in the kitchen. In Asian countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, etc. you will hardly find a kitchen without a pressure cooker. There is a wide variety of food that can be cooked in the pressure cooker. Asian people use a pressure cooker for cooking or boiling lentils, vegetables, meat, etc. Here, in this article, we are going to have a discussion on the topic ‘Pressure Cooker vs. Air Fryer.’ We will explain to our readers how they both are different yet crucial.
However, it is essential to accept that a pressure cooker could not be used as a substitute for the air fryer. But, both of them can complement each other very well in the kitchen. If you are in a huge confusion about whether he/she should replace one of them, purchase either of them or buy both of them, this article will prove to be very helpful. Without any further delay, let us dig in.
A pressure cooker has two basic components – the lid and the container. The pressure cooker is sealed-off as soon as the lid and container are connected. One of the important things to notice here is that the pressure cooker will only work when there is a liquid inside it (broth or water). When we turn the heat on, the liquid inside the pressure cooker starts boiling, and pressure starts building-up inside the cooker. As a result, the temperature and steam inside the pressure cooker rise, and this leads to faster cooking of the food.
- Chicken, fish, meat, and vegetables cook to perfection fast. Helps tenderize economical cuts of meat. Strong heavy-gauge aluminum for quick, even heating.
- Works on regular and smooth-top ranges. Pressure regulator maintains the proper cooking pressure automatically.
- Cover lock indicator shows when there is pressure inside the cooker and prevents the cover from being opened until pressure is safely reduced.
- Helper handle for ease of handling. Also includes a special rack for cooking several foods at once with no intermingling of flavors.
- Extended 12-year limited warranty. Pressure cooking preserves flavors and nutrients and even tenderizes lean cuts of meat
Unlike the air fryers, the lid of pressure cookers cannot be opened halfway to check the food which is being cooked. Otherwise, the steam would be released, and food will remain uncooked. Another important thing to keep in mind is that one should not open the lid straight away, it would be dangerous, and the pressure cookers even burst sometimes. That is why there is an output hole present on the cookers’ lid to release the steam in a proper manner. Given below are some advantages of the pressure cookers.
The Advantages of a Pressure Cooker:
- A pressure cooker has the capability to cook large quantities of food at a time.
- The pressure cookers quickly reach very high temperatures.
- Using a pressure cooker saves a lot of time.
- The pressure cookers are known to kill harmful microorganisms whilst preserving the nutrients.
- The pressure cookers are available in a variety of sizes.
- The usage of pressure cookers is quite simple.
As far as the Air Fryers are concerned, the key components are the heating element and the fan. Both of them help in circulating the heated air (at a very high-speed) inside the air fryer’s chamber. The food gets exposed to the steam (hot air) inside the chamber and gets cooked.
- Now enjoy guilt free food; Air fry with up to 75 percent less fat than traditional frying methods; Tested against hand cut, deep fried French fries
- Wide temperature range: 105 degree Fahrenheit to 400 degrees Fahrenheit allows you to gently remove moisture from foods or quickly cook and crisp foods with convection heat
- 4 quart ceramic coated nonstick basket and crisper plate fit 2 pounds of french fries. Cord length (feet) - 2.6
- The unit will need time to preheat before coming up to temperature. We recommend that you preheat the unit for 3 minutes before adding your ingredients to achieve the best results
- Dehydrate: Create flat, chip like dehydrated foods for fun, homemade snacks pounds; The combination of low fan speed and low temperature enables thorough dehydration
- Dishwasher safe parts: Easy to clean basket, crisper plate, and multi-layer rack
The rapid air technology of the air fryer is the secret behind the crispiness of food. You would love to know that the amount of oil used by the air fryers is 80% less than the deep fryers. And that is why most people prefer purchasing air fryers these days. Consuming less oil leads to a healthier body and mind.
Thanks to the small size of the air fryers, the fryer’s food take very little time to get cooked. This makes the air fryer a beneficial choice vis-à-vis today’s busy lifestyle.
The Advantages of an Air Fryer:
- An air fryer is a versatile appliance because it can be used to perform numerous tasks such as toasting, frying, reheating, grilling, baking, roasting, etc.
- It is a perfect choice for cramped apartments and small kitchen spaces.
- The air fryers consume 80% less oil than other conventional frying methods.
- Air Fryers offer less cooking time to the users.
- As compared to the pressure cookers, the air fryers are more portable.
The bottom line here is that both the air fryers and pressure cookers are good in their own ways. The question ‘which one is better than the other’ largely depends upon the requirements of people. Therefore, before making a purchase, understand your needs and intentions of using the appliance. We hope you make the best decision for yourself. Eat Healthily, Stay Healthy!