Do you know about chef knives? These knives are a type of broad knives that are exceptionally sharp and do not go dull even after numerous uses. However, one has to have excellent knife-using skills to start using them. Otherwise, there will always be excessive chances of getting your fingers cut. This knife acts as a great aid when it comes to chopping hard to cut foods. These foods can be pork as well as meat bones. You can also make smooth cuts in ingredients using these knives. When you slice salmon with a chef knife, its taste will remain preserved.
If you are searching or thinking of buying one such knife, then our below given list will help you a lot. This is because we had added ten such knives to our list, which are all extremely versatile and useful. If you are not a cook, you can also choose these products as a gift to your friends and relatives who are interested in cooking. The price of these knives is generally high, but if you make a wise purchase, the knives will surely last many years and prove to be a long term investment. Let us start describing these chef knives now–
1. Mercer Culinary Chef Knife
A chef’s knife is required to be adequate in size, shape, and sharpness to provide ease while cutting veggies to meat. Something which directly fits into the need with similar qualities is the Mercer Culinary Chef Knife. There are a total of nine different versions of this product available for purchase. They all vary in shape and size. The first thing that the user notices while using the product for the first time is its ergonomic handle. This handle lets you have a firm grip to cut anything flawlessly. Textured finger points on the knife ensure better safety by not allowing it to slip from your hands. However, for a better grip, you must hold it tightly.
- This knife gives a firm grip to the user as it has a slip-resistance design.
- It has a one-piece design created with high carbon with the fusion of Japanese stainless-steel.
- Carbon and stainless-steel sharp edges don’t get dull easily, and it is stain-resistant as well.
2. Wusthof Chef Knife (8-inch)
If you want an affordable but sturdy chef knife, then Wusthof Chef Knife will indeed prove to be a great option. There are two quirky reasons which prove that this product is the best choice. These reasons include – the Triple Riveted handle and an extremely sharp 8 inches long blade. The fusion of both features for such an affordable price is a great deal. The blade of this chef knife is made from High-Carbon Stainless Steel, and there is a single piece of this material used in the manufacturing process. Therefore this knife has better strength than many other chef knives in the market. Its tensile strength also increases with time. You can find flexibility in its blade so that you don’t break it by applying too much pressure.
- The blade is exceptionally sharp and made from a single block of High-Carbon Stainless Steel.
- The edge is sharp, and it is 20% extra smooth.
- It has an eight-inch long blade and an overall ergonomic design.
3. Mercer Culinary Chef Knife
A well-balanced ultra-sharp knife with a large blade can help cutting hard stuff meats like beef, pork, steak, and several other types of into tiny pieces with ease. The Mercer Culinary Genesis Forged Short Bolster Forged Chef’s Knife holds many traits in one place. The manufacturers of the product also offer you the option to choose between different sizes of the product. You can find that Mercer Culinary pays close attention to safety factors, and all their knives are NSF certified. High-grade steel is used in manufacturing this chef knife. The product has a taper-ground edge, which provides better stability during the use. The sharpness is going to last longer than other regular kinds of knives.
- The product has a Santoprene handle, which is ergonomic and comfortable to hold.
- There is high-grade forged steel used in the manufacturing of blade, and it is highly durable.
- The taper-ground edge provides the user with great ease while cutting hard to cut foods. It offers better stability, as well.
4. Victorinox Chef Knife
Buying a well-designed knife means better convenience while cutting down veggies and meat. It doesn’t matter if you want it for home or professional use. The comfort that the product offers is mesmerizing, and the knife is good enough to provide you with numerous advantages. The handle of the knife is slightly curved. It is five inches long, which provides better stability to its overall structure. The blade itself is extra sharp, thick, and extremely durable, for better usability. You can also select the size of the blade from two sizes: – 7-inches and 9-inches. You will like this chef knife more than any other knife at your home.
- The extremely sharp blade is highly durable as it is made up of forged-steel.
- You get a stable and well-balanced design, which ensure better usability so far.
- It is a versatile chef’s knife, and you can use it to cut veggies, fruits, herbs, pork, beef, chicken, etc.
5. Mac Knife Chef Knife
A hollow edge knife seems perfect for those buyers who want to purchase premium quality and highly professional chef knife. With 2.5mm of blade thickness and an ergonomic design, Mac Professional Hollow Edge Chef’s Knife can easily grab your attention and make you consider the purchase. It is a lightweight knife with an overall length of 12.63 inches where the 4-inches long handle is enough to provide a better grip. Furthermore, the handle doesn’t slip and provides a better grip at all times. The handle is made of the well-known material known as – Pakkawood. This Pakkawood is comfortable to hold and move. However, this product cannot be put inside a dishwasher for the cleaning purpose. You will have to wash it with your hands.
- The highly-reliable hollow edge provides versatility while you cut sticky food.
- The blade is lightweight itself, and the Pakkawood handle is also well-balanced.
- The thickness of its blade is 2.5mm, and it is sturdy enough to last for years without any problems.
6. Shun Chef Knife
All the Japanese made knives are known for their extreme strength and minimal flexibility to enhance durability. Over a vast number of brands, Shun Cutlery Knives are quite remarkable due to their unique handle style and tapered edge to improve the overall usability. It is a high-performance knife made from high-quality material. Additionally, it is clad with stainless steel so that you get better strength. This knife is perfectly designed, and the weight is shifted toward the sharp angle so that the user feels ease during its use. The only issue is that you might have to spend a couple of days getting used to the tilted weight of the product.
- You get a long-lasting performance with a stainless-steel blade, and the sharpness doesn’t fade that easily.
- The tilted weight on tapered edge provides higher convenience cutting food with ease.
- The handle is lightweight and made up of Pakkawood for a better grip.
7. Victorinox Chef Knife (8-inch)
Going with an affordable knife feels like an effective and credible choice for buyers for regular household use. That being said, you can find Victorinox – 45520 Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife suitable for the job. This knife is also reliable for usage by professional chefs. The primary thing you can notice is positive reviews about the design of this chef knife for such a low price. Additionally, it is an 8 inches long knife with 5 inches long handle. Due to this reason, the product provides a perfect blend of essential traits. Its weight is balanced, and the handle offers a better grip. This knife will also be an ideal fit for a range of tasks. Moreover, the durable blade will ensure a long life of the product
- This knife provides an ideal combination of durability and affordability in one place.
- The design is unique, the grip is strong, and the weight is perfectly balanced for easier usability.
- The reviews are optimistic about the sharpness, durability, and design of this product.
8. Wusthof Chef Knife (6-inch)
In case you want something handy and easy to use, then Wusthof 4582/16 Classic Chef’s Knife is reliable as it has a short size and gives a better grip. It is a 6 inches long knife with an extraordinarily sharp and corrosion-resistant blade. The handle is light in weight compared to the blade so that you don’t have to apply too much force or pressure to cut tiny food ingredients. Using this knife exceptionally easy, and it is a part of a three-piece knife set that offers you a value for money if you consider the price of one knife. Wusthof is a well-liked and famous brand. They are also offering a warranty on their products, which can ensure that you aren’t getting a poor-quality product.
- The knife is 6-inches long with an extremely sharp blade manufactured from stainless steel.
- The blade is corrosion-resistant, and you can opt for machine wash also for this product.
- The handle is lightweight, and the blade is slightly heavy to provide a perfect balance to its user.
9. Shun Chef Knife (Ebony Handle)
The price of this knife is exceptionally high, but that is because of its exceptional and exclusive quality. Tungsten is used in making the edge of the product so that it is sharper and more durable. Other than that, this knife has more chromium on its surface than regular knives. Therefore, it is excellent in preventing corrosion as well as rust. You will also like that the handle of this knife is made using ebony. Consequently, it has a darker and shinier look. This ebony is also mixed with a resin so that it becomes sturdier than it already is. The motion of the knife is very locomotive, so that you always make smooth cuts whenever you start slicing with it.
- This knife is eight inches long and will prove to be an exceptional and staple tool in your kitchen.
- The company incorporates the traditional knife-making process for manufacturing this knife.
- You can use it as a gift to your friends who love cooking.
10. ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS Chef Knife
The bolsters of this knife are curved. Therefore, you will be able to make precise cuts in ingredients every time you use it in your kitchen. The handle of this knife is so resilient that it will impress anyone who uses it. Additionally, the frontal curve of the product is broad. Due to this reason, it facilitates the smooth rocking motion of the blade through vegetables, fruits, and meat. You can also sharpen this knife when you feel that it is becoming dull. All you got to have for that is a high functioning sharpener at your kitchen. The design of this chef knife is very user-friendly and ergonomic. We are sure that you will like this knife in your kitchen a lot.
- The company ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS has always made
- standard-setting products and this knife does that very well.
- You can use this chef knife to cut everything ranging from vegetable to meats.
- It only weighs 9.6 ounces and is very easy to move through all types of food ingredients.
We decided to add ten chef knives to our list so that our readers can skim through all the options and find the perfect choice at the same site. All these products are incredibly exceptional and marvelous. However, we suggest you check their specifications and price before buying them or adding them to your wishlist. Other than that, you should also go through their top features to understand the characteristics of these knives in a better sense. All ten of these knives are very high in quality and will never disappoint you once you start using them in your kitchen.