Chinese food is the favorite cuisine of many people. Most of the Chinese food is prepared with the help of a wok. If you have seen those professional chefs tossing food while stir-frying the vegetables, then you are familiar with a wok. Apart from just stir-frying, there are many other advantages of having a wok in your kitchen. You can deep fry with very little oil, and it helps in even distribution of heat. It works quite well for fries when compared to those traditional flat pans.
If you are trying to find the best works for your kitchen, you should understand that several options are available in the present market. It can be very difficult for those who are new to the world of works to find the right wok. The works available in the present market are quite different from the traditional woks used in China, but you will enjoy the same benefits with these works as well. But all you need to do is just pick the best woks.
If you are unsure which one to pick from so many options, then here is a list of ten best works for you. You can just go through the list and pick the best option. It is easy when you have just the best options in front of you.
So, let us get started:
Top 10 Best woks
Have a look at the best works:
- Heavy 15 gauge (1.8mm) carbon steel, commercial grade. Original design by Craft Wok since 2014, proven quality over the years.
- Traditional chinese wok pan with round bottom: not suitable for flat electric or flat induction stove. Do not forget to season it before use!...
- Hand hammered by Chinese professionals in Guangzhou. This wok is the proven choice of many professional Chinese chefs. Wok weight: 4.6 pounds (2.1...
The first product on the list is Craft Wok Store Hand Hammered Carbon Steel Wok. This is one of the best works available in the present market. It is made traditionally by hand hammering. It is made of carbon steel material. It is 14 inches in size and comes with a rounded bottom. You will have to season it before you start using it. The weight of the wok is 4.6 pounds and comes with a wooden handle.
- 13-inch wok made of 18/10 stainless steel with aluminum core
- Solid stainless-steel riveted handles stay cooler with air-flow technology
- Secure-fitting stainless-steel dome lid traps in heat and moisture
- Has a hard anodized surface that is durable, heats evenly/quickly, and prevents hot spots
- Nonstick performance for easy food release/tossing, cleaning, and allows for healthy cooking
- Tempered glass lid to view food; wide and deep to hold a large amount for multiple uses
- 12.5" DIAMETER W/ FLAT BOTTOM - Tested thoroughly and works on electric stoves, induction stoves, gas ranges and other heat sources.
- CARBON STEEL - Is the best and most common material for woks these days. It's lightweight and responds to heat changes quickly and evenly. It can also...
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED - Includes a gorgeous wooden lid and a stainless steel spatula. The handle is wooden and will not get hot during use.
Souped Up Recipes Carbon Steel Wok is another best works that you can check out. The wok is made using carbon steel, which is considered the best material for making woks. The best part about this wok is that it comes with a flat surface and can be used on induction stovetops and electric stovetops. The pack also includes stainless steel spatula and a wooden lid. It is a lightweight wok.
- Helen’s Asian Kitchen Carbon Steel Wok for stir frying, stewing, sauteing, steaming, braising, frying, and deep frying favorite Asian recipes and...
- Made from 1.6-millimeter carbon steel with heat-resistant bamboo handle, helper handle, and high-domed lid; sturdy riveted design; hangs to store
- Carbon steel distributes heat quickly so foods cook evenly; cooking surface collects a natural patina over time for non-stick cooking performance
Helen Chen’s Asian Kitchen Flat Bottom Wok is one of the best works on the online market. This wok is made using carbon steel. It is a 14-inch wok, which can be used for stir-fries, sautéing, stewing, and much more. There is one long handle and one helper handle. The handles are made using wood. You will also receive a carbon steel lid and bamboo spatula, along with a recipe book.
- Order before 10th December to get your wok before Christmas. Our woks dispatched from our US warehouse within 48 hours when the order was confirmed.
- The workhorse wok - Traditional wok used by professional chefs. This Chinese wok is built to last and stand up to the demands of busy commercial...
- Authentically hammered wok - 100% hand hammered pow wok, made by our team of master craftsmen in Guangdong, China. Each Chinese wok is uniquely...
If you are looking for those old traditional woks, then Mammafong Store 14-inch Traditional Carbon Steel Wok is a good choice. It is one of the best works available in the present market. It is a hand-hammered wok and made by professionals. It is made using carbon steel, which is a safe material. It needs very little oil for cooking food in it. Carbon steel woks work the best way, and they are preferred by professional chefs.
- ✅ NON-STICK MARBLE COATING - interior & exterior is coated by high performance non-stick German GREBLON C3+ PTFE marble coating makes the pans and...
- ✅ STURDY REINFORCED DIE-CASTING ALUMINUM BODY - ensures fast, even heat distribution,4mm thicken bottom provides a stable heat distribution during...
- ✅ ERGONOMIC BAKELITE KNOB AND HANDLE - COOKLOVER's wok builds with heat resistant soft touch silicone Bakelite knob and handle with beautiful wood...
When looking for the best works, you cannot miss Cook lover Store Non-Stick Chinese Wok. It is made using Aluminum material. It is a scratch-resistant material and lasts for a very long time. It comes with a non-stick coating on the inside and outside of the wok. The weight of the wok is just perfect, not too light and not too heavy as well. It comes with a lid. The handle and lid knob are made using Bakelite material.
- Built to Perform: a true workhorse in the kitchen, hard anodized aluminum retains perfect heat and has a much stronger protective layer than the...
- Durable nonstick: hard Titanium reinforced, scratch resistant and toxin-free nonstick interior stands up to everyday use and keeps food sliding...
- Riveted handle & even heat base: riveted silicone handle is designed for Comfort and safety; even heat base ensures superior heat distribution for...
T-fal Hard Anodized Nonstick Wok is another good wok that you can consider. It is one of the best works on this list. It is made using aluminum material. It is a 14-inch wok that can help in tossing and frying ingredients. The hard anodized surface makes it easy to toss food. The non-stick layer does not allow food to get stuck to the wok. It comes with a long handle with silicone. It is oven safe.
- One Lodge Pre-Seasoned 14 Inch Cast Iron Wok
- Large handles and flat base for easier handling
- Unparalleled heat retention and even heating
One of the best works for easy stir-frying is Lodge Pro-Logic Wok With Flat Base. This wok is made using Cast iron and is a 14-inch wok. It is a pre-seasoned wok and can be used directly. It requires very little oil for frying. It has a flat base and hence very easy to use. It has two handles. One best thing about this wok is it can be used with induction stovetops without any worries.
- HEATS QUICKLY & EVENLY: Adapted from a traditional cast iron round-bottom wok, our 13-inch large wok offers a wide & deep non-stick cooking surface...
- HEAVY DUTY & EASY TO CLEAN: Premium chef-quality & made with a 3-layer design comprised of rust-resistant, food-safe stainless steel. Built with an...
- BONUS DOME LID & BAMBOO SPATULA INCLUDED: Coming with your 13-inch diameter, 4 lb stainless steel wok are 2 BONUS items: 1 stainless steel dome cover...
Willow & Everett Store Wok Pan with Lid is the last product on the list and is the best woks for first-time users. It is a 13-inch wok made using cast-iron. The wok is deep and wide, which makes it perfect for stir-frying. It comes with a lid and a spatula that has a bamboo handle. It is a safe wok with does not have any chemicals. It is easy to clean.
Important points to consider while picking the best wok – Buying Guide
You might have tried stir-frying in a sautee pan or a frying pan. How was the outcome? None of these pans are perfect for stir-fry. It is a wok that can help you make perfect stir-fries specially designed for that purpose. But when you have no knowledge about woks, then it can be tough to find the best works. This buying guide can help you pick the best product.
The first thing to check for is the material used in the making of the wok. Best works are made using Carbon Steel. Carbon Steel is the best choice, but Cast-iron is also a good choice. Cast-Iron woks require extra maintenance. If you are looking for a lightweight option, then you can check out the aluminum woks. A wok should be light in weight and a good conductor of heat.
Seasoned Vs. Non-stick coating:
Cleaning becomes a messy job when the food sticks to the wok. None of you want that to happen. Carbon steel woks and cast-iron woks can be seasoned with oil. That makes a nice non-stick coating on the wok. Some best woks come with non-stick coating. Non-stick coated pans look good as they come with a coating, and you don’t have to take care of its seasoning. But this non-stick coating will wear off after a few years. Non-stick pans cannot withstand high temperatures for a long time. So, go for seasoned woks if they are available for you.
The handle of a wok is a very important point to keep in mind. The best works come with a long handle. It is always important to make sure that the handle is long enough to hold it well and toss food easily. Too heavy wok or a wok with a long handle can be tough to handle. Some woks also come with small handles on either side of the wok.
The size of the wok is another important point to check out. The best works come in different sizes. If you love cooking for parties or dinners, then you should opt for a big wok. But if you just make stir-fry for one or two people, then a small or medium-sized wok is a great choice.
There are many works available in the present market, and the best works come with both a curved base and a flat base. You will have to make a choice based on your requirements. The curved wok will help in tossing the vegetables in a better way compared to the flat bottom wok. But for a curved wok, you will need a wok ring for placing on the gas stovetop, which is not required for a flat wok. But curved wok has its own advantages, and they are the traditional style woks that were used by the Chinese.
Frequently asked questions about wok:
Q: Do I woks need seasoning?
Ans: It depends on the kind of work that you are choosing. The material will decide whether it needs proper seasoning or not. If your wok comes with a non-stick coating, then you don’t need any seasoning. But to be clearer about this point, you should read the instructions provided by your manufacturer.
Q: Which is the best wok size for me?
Ans: It depends on the size of your family or for how many members you wish to cook. If you have a family of four or more members, then go for a 12-inch to 14-inch wok, else a 10-inch wok is a perfect choice.
Q: What is the best wok material?
Ans: In general, carbon steel is the best material. But it changes based on your needs. For even heating, cast iron is a good choice, and for lightweight and faster cooking, stainless steel is a good option. For easy cleaning and less maintenance, you go for a non-stick wok. It all depends on what you prefer personally.
Q: Electric stove or gas stove, which is good for wok?
Ans: Open flame is always the best choice, and so you should go for a gas stovetop. But if you wish to use the electric stovetops, then using a flat bottom wok is a good choice. Using a curved bottom wok is not possible. So, make a choice according to the stovetop you have.
Q: Why are non-stick woks bad choices?
Ans: Non-stick woks can withstand only up to 500 degrees F., but when you are heating oil for searing, you may cross this temperature, and that is not at all good. The coating will start to wear off easily.
Just like any other product, it can be tough to pick one when you have so many options. This list, along with the buying guide, can be helpful for clearing out your confusion. You just need to pick a few best woks from the above list and then compare them. That makes it easy to pick one good option. So, order now and get the best woks home.