If you are planning for a big feast with your entire family, this easy recipe of “Hungry Man’s” topped with some glaze baked in cast iron might be the best option to go with. With the addition of little ingredients, this recipe gives the right amount of satisfaction to the eaters. This one is going to be something new for your recipe box. Delicious food for any occasion!
Here are a few ingredients that you will need for making the oh-so-wow recipe.
- 4 pound grounded beef
- 2 cups of bread crumbs
- Two packets of noodle soup mix
- One can tomato sauce
- Four eggs
- One chopped onion
- Half cup ketchup
- Half packet saltine crackers, crumbled
- Two tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- One tablespoon of barbeque sauce
- Two teaspoons steak sauce
- Two teaspoon salt
- Two teaspoon ground black pepper
- One and half teaspoon garlic powder
- One teaspoon onion powder
- Half teaspoon cayenne pepper
You May Also Like: All About Cooking With Cast Iron Cookware
Steps to follow:
Step 1: Put the cast iron skillet inside the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Mix the beef, bread crumbs, tomato sauce, noodle soup mix, eggs, ketchup, onion, cracker crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, barbeque sauce, salt, 1 tbsp black pepper, half teaspoon onion powder, one teaspoon garlic powder.
Step 3: Combine the tomato sauce, half teaspoon black pepper, one tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, half teaspoon garlic powder, half teaspoon onion powder, cayenne pepper in a bowl until it gets smooth.
Step4: Remove the iron skillet from the oven. Place the beef mixture in the skillet. Spread your desired topping over the beef.
Step 5: Bake the beef for about one and half hour and get it out of the oven, drain the excess oil. Keep it inside the oven again and cook until the meat juice reads a temperature of around 160 degrees F, about one hour.
Step 6: Keep the beef out of the oven and let it cool a bit before serving.
This meatloaf is packed with lots of nutrition, which is essential for your body to function adequately. The proper balance of taste and nutrition gives this recipe overall thumbs up in all aspects. So here are some values mentioned below:
- It contains 520 calories
- Contains Protein 35g
- Contains Carbohydrates 32g
- Contains Fat 27g
- Contains Saturated fat 9g
- Contains Cholesterol 188mg
- Contains Iron 5.5mg
- Contains Magnesium 40mg
- Contains potassium about 570mg
- Contains sodium 1885mg
- Calories from fat has 236
- Percent of calories from carbs is 26
- Percent of calories from fat is 46
- Percent of calories from protein is approx 29
- Percent of calories from saturated fat is about 17
The name of the dish is very true to its word that is hungry man’s cast iron. I am sure you will be feeling hungry after looking at the ingredients and the way it is prepared. We hope you are going to cook this right after completing this article. Thank you for reading. Have a good day!