Fond of beef stew but do not have time to make it? Well, just buy a good slow cooker and all you need to do is drop all the ingredients in it and cook it over 7 to 8 hours. Next time, when you need to go out on some errands or office, just use the slow cooker and by the time you return, the delicious beef stew would be ready to eat. In the article that follows, we have listed the steps needed to make the beef stew in the slow cooker in detail.
The following are the ingredients that are used in this very simple recipe:
- Chopped onion and celery sticks
- You can cut it in the shape that you like
- Bay leaves
- Thyme for seasoning
- Tomato paste
- Chopped parsley
- Rapeseed oil
- A few grams of beef
- You can also take frozen peas.
- Corn flour for thickening the gravy.
You May Also Like: Air Fryer Vs Pressure Cooker
The following are some of the basic steps that need to be followed to achieve the dish of your choice:
- The first step is to fry the onion as well as the celery. This will just take around 5 minutes to soften.
- Next add the different vegetables such as thyme, etc. also add the bay leaves and wait for the same to fry. You can use the tomato puree and the sauce to stir these vegetables
- Now is the time when you finally bring your slow cooker out. All the above vegetables can be added to the slow cooker now.
- Similar to the vegetables mentioned above, take the beef stock and fry it until it is brown. After that, each batch of the meat should be poured into the slow cooker.
- Your delicious stew will be ready in around 8 hours.
- A few people like the gravy to be thick rather than more liquid. If you like the gravy to be thick as well, use cornflour and mix it well in the cold water. After that pour it into the slow cooker. Your stew is now ready in the consistency that you desire.
- The dish goes well with a garnish of parsley.
One tip is to avoid frying the vegetables and the beef in the pan if you do not have ample time to do so.
As is clear from the above steps, the beef stew is easy to make and healthy. This is one of those dishes which gives the slow cooker one of the best slow cooker reviews.
You May Also Like: Pressure Cookers Vs Slow Cookers
This is a highly nutritious recipe. The following are some of the nutrition facts:
It is rich in protein. 71 percent of the nutrition comes from protein. It has a low sodium content of around 25 percent. With just over 7 percent carbohydrate, the beef stew slow cooker recipe is one of your healthiest bets.
We hope that the above article has been able to explain how to cook the beef stew appropriately in a slow cooker. Next time when you crave a healthy stew, do try this recipe out.