If you are at work and do not have enough time to cook, maybe you have not heard of the chicken and dumplings recipe cooked in a slow cooker. With a cooking time of a few hours, you can go to work or your usual day, while the dish is being prepared. This is not only healthy bust tastes like heaven. If you are into eating chicken, this dish is a must-try for you. The chicken and dumplings slow cooker recipe stands out in all aspects, including flavors and aroma. With the winters slowly setting in, making this will be wholesome for you and your family.
Let us start with examining the ingredients that go into the making of the chicken and dumplings slow cooker recipe. This is easy to make and most of the ingredients used can be readily found in your kitchen.
- The first ingredient is onion which needs to be sliced appropriately
- Chicken breasts which are skinless as well as boneless
- Chicken soup. Around 2 liters of chicken soup should be fine
- A few tablespoons of butter
- Biscuit dough
You May Also Like: Pressure Cookers Vs Slow Cookers
Steps to Make the Recipe:
As already mentioned, this is an easy recipe that can be made with minimal effort. There are two separate parts in which the recipe is to be made.
The following are the steps that are to be taken:
- The first step is to put all the different ingredients in the slow cooker. This includes putting the onion, butter, chicken, as well as soup in the crockpot.
- The next step is to pour the desired amount of water.
- Cover the slow cooker with a lid.
- Let the slow cooker do all the work now. It takes around 6 to 7 hours to get cooked completely.
- Now that the chicken is ready, it is time to make the biscuit with the help of the dough.
- All you got to do is place the biscuit dough in the slow cooker. The biscuit will take around half an hour to get cooked. Keep checking the dough in the middle. Make sure that this is not raw.
- Once the biscuit is done too, the slow cooker chicken dumplings are ready.
As seen above, this is one of the simplest recipes that you can cook in a slow cooker. This, along with other recipes goes a long way in helping to give the slow cooker one of the best slow cooker reviews.
You May Also Like: Air Fryer Vs Pressure Cooker
Not only is the dish simple, but it also has a high nutrition content. It has a high protein content of around 18 grams, carbohydrates of around 37 grams. The overall nutrition value is quite high.
We hope that with the above article, it is now clear that you can easily make chicken and dumplings in a slow cooker. This recipe goes a long way in helping to give your cooker a top slow cooker review. If you have not tried it already, do try this recipe out and we are sure that you will not be disappointed.