If you are looking for one of the easiest ways in which you can cook your favorite chicken thighs, then cooking the same in a slow cooker is one of your best bets. This is not only easy but the recipe turns out to be delicious too. The slow cooker has got one of the best slow cooker reviews owing to this particular recipe. This is something that is loved by both children and adults alike. This article lays down in detail the chicken thigh recipe as cooked in a slow cooker.
The chicken thigh slow cooker recipe uses just a handful of ingredients that are easily available in your kitchen. In the section that follows, let us see some of the ingredients used:
- Spices such as salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Boneless chicken thighs
- Some amount of ketchup and honey. If you want to give the recipe a honey and garlic taste, add both honey and garlic.
- Freshly chopped vegetables.
- Onion and garlic
- Some amount of cut ginger.
- Fresh lime juice.
- You can use rice or quinoa for serving the chicken thighs.
You May Also Like: Air Fryer Vs Pressure Cooker
Steps to be followed:
The chicken thighs slow cooker recipe is one of the easiest recipes in a slow cooker. Just follow the below mentioned simple steps:
- Take the chicken thighs and season it well. Spices such as salt and pepper can be used for this purpose. This will take a total time of around 4 minutes.
- Post that, the seasoned chicken is to be transferred to a slow cooker. The next step is to prepare a sauce. Mix tomato sauce, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, lime juice, etc.
- The above-made sauce now needs to be poured over the chicken thigh. Toss and turn the roasted thighs till the same is well covered with the sauce.
- Now let the slow cooker do the task. The roasted chicken thighs with the broth and vegetables, if any, should be covered. The flame can be reduced to low or medium-high. The chicken thighs should be ready within a maximum of around 5 to 6 hours.
- The chicken thighs work well with either rice or quinoa.
Thus, the above is one of the easiest and best slow cooker recipes that you can find. This recipe along with a few others has gone a long way in giving the slow cooker one of the best slow cooker reviews of all times.
You May Also Like: Pressure Cookers Vs Slow Cookers
Not only is the chicken thigh recipe cooked in a slow cooker a delicious one, but it is also packed with nutrients that make for a healthy treat. It is high in protein. One unit of serving will also have around 300 units of calories. It has a low-fat content of around 12 grams.
I hope the article has been successful in helping to list down the recipe of chicken thighs in a slow cooker in detail. So, next time when you crave something healthy and delicious, you can always rely on this recipe for sure.