If you love pork, I am sure that the name carnitas sound familiar to you. The literal meaning of the word is “little meat”. Most people like to fry the meat to prepare these. However, most others do not consider this healthy. To try a healthier version of your carnitas, you do not have to compromise on the taste now. Prepare the below-mentioned carnitas slow cooker recipe and you will get something that is as sumptuous and as hearty.
The following simple ingredients are needed to prepare the simple dish:
- Spices such as salt as well as ginger powder
- Cumin seeds and oregano. You can also add other herbs depending on the flavor that you are looking for.
- Coriander seeds
- Pork shoulder. These should be boneless
- Chicken broth.
These simple ingredients will be easily available in a meat-lover kitchen.
You May Also Like: Pressure Cookers Vs Slow Cookers
Steps for Preparing the Recipe:
Now that we have seen the ingredients that go into the making of the dish, let us now examine the steps that should be taken. The following are a few steps:
- The first step is to add all the above-mentioned ingredients into the slow cooker. Stir all these ingredients well. The pork will take around 6 to 8 hours to get cooked completely. The best method is to check if the pork is shredding well with the fork in hand.
- Now that the pork is ready, take two baking sheets. Also, put the boiler on a high flame so that you can preheat it.
- The next step is to shred the pork. Usually, there is no standard shape, but try to shred the meat into small pieces. That is what carnitas essentially means.
- The above is then transferred into the baking sheet. While the pork is to be spread evenly, the juice from the pork stays inside the slow cooker itself.
- When you keep the baking sheet in the broiler, the pork will start to brown.
- You can continue the above step till the pork is crispy. If you are looking to get something juicy, make sure that the juice from the slow cooker is spread evenly through the baking sheet.
- You should do the broiler step one by one. This will ensure that you get meat that is crispy and juicy at the same time.
You May Also Like: Air Fryer Vs Pressure Cooker
This carnitas slow cooker recipe goes extremely well with tacos, salads, and other Mexican chips. If you love Mexican food and if you love pork, this is one of the best recipes that you should be looking for to make. This is one of those recipes owing to which your brand of the slow cooker will get top slow cooker reviews of all times.
We hope that after reading the above article, you are now aware of the step by step method of making carnitas in a slow cooker. These turn out to be delicious. So, next time if you have to step out and are looking for something healthy and crunchy, just depend on your slow cooker and you are good to go.