Pulled pork is one recipe that is loved by all who savor eating pork. It is quite a dynamic dish which can be enjoyed in a variety of different ways. In the following article, we have laid down a detailed recipe of how to cook a pulled pork in a slow cooker. This is one of those recipes owing to which a slow cooker gets the best slow cooker reviews.
The following are a few ingredients that are needed to make the recipe:
- Finely chopped onion slices
- Tomato paste
- Spices namely salt, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, as well as mustard powder.
- Ketchup as well as barbeque sauce.
- Black pepper
- Buns which can be used at the time of serving
- Pork. Make sure that you get rid of the excess fat before cooking it in the slow cooker.
- Cider vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Finally, you will also need butter for cooking.
You May Also Like: Pressure Cookers Vs Slow Cookers
Steps to be followed:
Let us see the different steps that go into the making of this delicious dish:
- To begin with, the pork needs to be seasoned well with spices. Salt and pepper are usually used for this purpose.
- After the pork has been seasoned completely, the same is to be placed in the slow cooker. The pork will become tender in about 8 hours in the slow cooker. You will know that the meat is cooked when the temperature inside the pork is around 190 degrees.
- Now that the pork has been cooked, take it out and let it remain out for around 20 minutes. Post that, use a fork and shred the pork.
- When you were cooking the pork in the slow cooker, the meat must have given out some juice. It is now time to use that juice.
- Take a strainer and pour the juice over the cooked pork now. A few people like to remove the fat from the liquid. This can also be a good idea as this makes the dish all the more hearty and healthy.
- If you want to remove the fat from the juice, put it in the refrigerator. After some time, the fat will harden and accumulate on top of the container. With the help of a fork or spoon, this fat can now be thrown easily.
- The pulled pork is now ready and there are many different ways in which you can consume this.
As is clear from the above, the pulled pork is a simple recipe to prepare.
You May Also Like: Air Fryer Vs Pressure Cooker
While cooking the pulled pork, do keep the following in mind:
- Remember to never overheat the pulled pork. Keep checking the inside of the pork to obtain the optimum temperature.
- If you are to reheat the dish, try to use a skillet instead of a microwave for better taste.
- You can freeze the dish for up to 2 months.
Thus, this amazing recipe goes a long way in helping to give the solar cooker one of the best solar cooker reviews. Do try it out next time when you crave something healthy yet delicious.